Bc. Martin Trávník
I am a physical therapist and SM System trainer at the Healthy Back Center (Centrum zdravých zad) in Prague. I train clients one-on-one and in groups. I most often work with people with vertebrogenic problems, that is, problems with the spine and related areas. I can help with prevention and treatment of herniated discs.
Briefly About Me
I got my degree in physical therapy in 1996, and I always wanted to do it full-time. That was far from easy back then, but I wanted to help people get rid of pain, so I found a way.
Today, I'm a physical therapist and trainer in the SM System technique, which is an exercising system that helps relieve spinal pain, based on years of medical research and practice. I'm interested in new developments in the field, so I study constantly. I then leverage these new skills to help my clients at the Healthy Back Center.
More than anything I could say, it's my dozens – well, today more like hundreds – of happy clients that speak to my results.
- 1996: Bachelor's in Physical Therapy, Charles University 3rd School of Medicine
- 1996 – 2009: Physical therapy as more of a hobby
- 2007: NUTRUS – Certified Nutrition Specialist
- 2005 – 2007: Three in One Concepts
- since 2014: SM System training courses
- 2016: Kinesiotaping course
- since 2018: Traditional Chinese Medicine studies
- 2019: TUINA Massage
- 2019: Auriculotherapy
- 2019: Si Yuan Balance Method
- 2022: Knee and Shoulder Joint Rehabilitation course
- 1996 – 2009: Physical therapy as a hobby
- since 2009: Private practitioner in physical therapy
- since 2013: Proprietor, Healthy Back Center (Centrum zdravých zad, website in Czech), Prague
- since 2015: Trainer of SM System technique
- Healthy backs for the kids, healthy back for the company
- Organizing exercise vacations
- 1st kyū in karate
- Mountain bike orienteering races